All students must meet the admission requirements set by the university to initially enroll in courses in the College of Education as an education major.
In addition to the university admission requirements, all students must apply for admission into the Teacher Preparation Program and be formally admitted into the program to continue to pursue a degree in teacher education.
The Teacher Preparation Program is a state-approved course of study in which the successful completion of the program signifies that an enrolled teacher candidate has met all state educational requirements and training requirements to be recommended for initial certification in an authorized teaching field.
Teacher Preparation Programs offered by the College of Education:
- Art or Music Education Gr K-12
- Early Childhood Education Gr PK-3
- Elementary Education Gr 1-5
- Kinesiology, Health & PE Gr K-12
- Middle School Education Gr 4-8
- Secondary Education and Teaching