Teacher Preparation Program Admission Requirements
- ACT of 22 or higher OR an SAT combined verbal and math score of 1100 or higher OR passing scores on all parts of Praxis I Core Academic Skills for Educators-Reading, Writting, and Mathematics
- Completion of all freshmen courses
- 2.5 overall cumulative GPA
- Student MUST complete the online Teacher Preparation Program application in the semester in which they will have earned 45 semester hours.
If you are not yet eligible for the Teacher Preparation Program, you must still apply in the semester in which you will have earned 45 credit hours. You MUST also turn in a letter requesting an extension to meet the requirements. You can find a sample extension letter on the Office of Student Services page.
- Please know that you will not be admitted into the UL Lafayette Teacher Preparation Program until you meet all the requirements. The letter you are writing is to request an extension to remain in the College of Education while you pursue the requirements. The purpose of the letter is not to request an exception; there are no exceptions for admittance into UL Lafayette Teacher Preparation Program. Extension letters are due on the last day to drop with a grade of “W” each semester.
If you have any further questions about the application or admittance into the UL Lafayette Teacher Preparation Program, please contact the Office of Student Services at email@example.com or by phone: (337) 482-6681.
Only complete applications meeting the above criteria will be accepted and reviewed by the College of Education Office of Student Services.