We are determined to help you expand your horizons by providing you with information for an add-on certification endorsement. If you are a currently an undergraduate teacher candidate seeking certification, you may be eligible for an add-on certification endorsement. The requirements for the add-on certification endorsement will vary depending on your current certification area.
All candidates who already have an initial teacher certification but would like to pursue an add-on certification must apply and be admitted to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette prior to scheduling courses. When completing the university admissions application, a candidate should apply as an "undergraduate non-degree seeking" student. The field of study on the admissions application should be "Add Certification in Education."
Candidates who are enrolled in the Teacher Preparation Program seeking initial teacher certification or students who already have an initial certification can pursue an add-on certification endorsement in the following areas:
- Adaptive Physical Education, Grades K-12
- Art Education, Grades K-12
- Computer Literacy, Grades K-12
- Dance Education, Grades K-12
- Early Interventionist, Birth-5
- Elementary Education, Grades 1-5
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist
- Foreign Language Education, Grades K-12
- Health and Physical Education, Grades K-12
- Librarian, Grades K-12
- Middle School Education, Grades 4-8
- Secondary Education, Grades 6-12
- Special Education Mild/Moderate, Grades 1-5
- Special Education Mild/Moderate, Grades 6-12
Candidates who hold a Master’s degree can obtain an add-on certification endorsement in the following areas:
- Educational Diagnostician
- Educational Technology Facilitation
- Educational Technology Leadership
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Gifted Education
- Reading Specialist
Learn more about information about add-on certification endorsements and Ancillary teaching certificates by visiting Teach Louisiana-Certification.
For more information regarding an add-on certification endorsement, please contact the Office of Student Services at 337-482-6681.