We are determined to help you expand your horizons by providing you with information for an add-on certification endorsement. If you are a currently an undergraduate teacher candidate seeking certification, you may be eligible for an add-on certification endorsement. The requirements for the add-on certification endorsement will vary depending on your current certification area.
Candidates who are enrolled in an undergraduate teacher preparation program seeking initial teacher certification can pursue an add-on certification endorsement in the following areas:
- Adaptive Physical Education, Grades K-12
- Art Education, Grades K-12
- Computer Literacy, Grades K-12
- Dance Education, Grades K-12
- Early Interventionist, Birth-5
- Elementary Education, Grades 1-5
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist
- Foreign Language Education, Grades K-12
- Health and Physical Education, Grades K-12
- Librarian, Grades K-12
- Middle School Education, Grades 4-8
- Secondary Education, Grades 6-12
- Special Education Mild/Moderate, Grades 1-5
- Special Education Mild/Moderate, Grades 6-12
Candidates who hold a Master’s degree can obtain an add-on certification endorsement in the following areas:
- Educational Diagnostician
- Educational Technology Facilitation
- Educational Technology Leadership
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Reading Specialist
Learn more about information about add-on certification endorsements and Ancillary teaching certificates by visiting Teach Louisiana-Certification.
For more information regarding an add-on certification endorsement, please contact the Office of Student Services at 337-482-6681.