Admission will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-25 upon admission to the program.
- Applicant must have completed a high school program, receiving a diploma or certificate.
- Applicant should have a minimum reading level of first grade.
- Applicant must have a significant intellectual disability that interferes with their academic performance.
- Applicant must have sufficient emotional and independent stability to participate in all aspects of UL LIFE.
- Applicant should be able to sit through 90-minute courses.
- Applicant must be comfortable around large groups of people.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and maintain respect for themselves and others.
- Applicant must have no history of disruptive or aggressive behaviors. NOTE: UL LIFE does not have the personnel necessary to manage behavioral issues.
- Applicant must be independent in handling their own medication, specialized dietary and/or medical needs. NOTE: UL LIFE staff take no responsibility for specialized diets, medication administration, or medical needs.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and adhere to the policies regarding attendance and participation in coursework within the program and audited UL Lafayette courses.
- Applicant should be able to utilize technology (I.e., cell phone, laptop, etc.) with little to no support.
- Based on review of records and interviews, the applicant must have the potential to successfully achieve his/her goals within the context of the UL LIFE setting.
Applications for admission to the 2024-2025 school year are now closed! Our admissions will open in August of 2024 for the 2025-2026 academic year.
Completed applications are reviewed by the UL LIFE Admissions Staff for eligibility. Interviews will be offered to applicants based on meeting requirements as determined by their application and LIFE Admissions Staff. An interview does not guarantee entry into the program, but applicants must attend an interview to be considered for admission.
Make Plans to Attend Preview Day
Preview Days are held in the fall semester every year. UL LIFE does not provide tours outside of Preview Day.
Check back here for updates on Fall 2024 Preview Day dates. Dates should be listed by August 1, 2024.
UL LIFE will have two Preview Days in the Fall of 2024. This is an opportunity to get information 2025-2026 application year and all aspects of the UL LIFE Program. Preview Day will be held in person and is STRONGLY encouraged for applicants.
At Preview Day, you can expect to:
• Tour the University campus and LIFE Program facilities.
• Meet with UL Lafayette departments to learn more about Housing, Financial Aid, Student Engagement, and more.
• Hear directly from UL LIFE students and mentors.
• Learn and ask questions about UL LIFE from LIFE staff.