Admission will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-25 upon admission to the program.
- Applicant must have a significant intellectual disability that interferes with their academic performance.
- Applicant must have sufficient emotional and independent stability to
- participate in all aspects of UL LIFE.
- Applicant should be able to sit through 90 minute courses.
- Applicant must be comfortable around large groups of people.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and maintain respect for him/herself and others and have no history of disruptive or aggressive behaviors. NOTE: UL LIFE does not have the personnel necessary to manage behavioral issues.
- Applicant must be independent in handling his/her own medication, specialized dietary and/or medical needs. NOTE: UL LIFE staff takes no responsibility for specialized diets or medical needs.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and adhere to the policies regarding
- attendance and participation in coursework within the program and audited UL Lafayette courses.
- Applicant should be able to utilize technology with little to no supports.
- Based on review of records and interviews, the applicant must have the potential to successfully achieve his/her goals within the context of the UL LIFE setting.
Admission for the 2023-2024 school year is now open. Please complete the 2023-2024 New Student Application and return by mail. All information and instructions can be found on the application.
Make Plans to Attend Preview Day
Preview Day will be held on September 10, 2022. Preview Day will be in person. Register now! Preview Day is STRONGLY encouraged for applicants. At Preview Day you can expect to:
- Tour the University campus
- Meet with UL Lafayette departments to learn more about Housing, Financial Aid, Student Engagement, and more!
- Hear directly from UL LIFE students and mentors.
- Learn and ask questions about UL LIFE from staff.