Admission will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-25 upon admission to the program.
- Applicant must have a significant intellectual disability that interferes with their academic performance.
- Applicant must have sufficient emotional and independent stability to
- participate in all aspects of UL LIFE.
- Applicant should be able to sit through 90 minute courses.
- Applicant must be comfortable around large groups of people.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and maintain respect for him/herself and others and have no history of disruptive or aggressive behaviors. NOTE: UL LIFE does not have the personnel necessary to manage behavioral issues.
- Applicant must be independent in handling his/her own medication, specialized dietary and/or medical needs. NOTE: UL LIFE staff takes no responsibility for specialized diets or medical needs.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and adhere to the policies regarding
- attendance and participation in coursework within the program and audited UL Lafayette courses.
- Applicant should be able to utilize technology with little to no supports.
- Based on review of records and interviews, the applicant must have the potential to successfully achieve his/her goals within the context of the UL LIFE setting.
Complete and submit the 2021 UL LIFE Application and required documentation by December 4, 2020.
- Attend Virtual Preview Day on Ocotober 24, 2020. This one-day program will allow students and families to determine if the UL LIFE program will be a good fit.
- Complete and submit the 2021 UL LIFE Application and required documentation by December 4, 2020.
- Eligible applicants will be invited to attend an on-campus interview.
- All decision letters will be mailed by April 2, 2021.
Make Plans to Attend Preview Day
Virtual Preview Day will be held on Ocotober 24, 2020.
Many opportunities are available during Preview Day including:
• Providing an opportunity for parents and students to ask questions and learn more about the UL LIFE program.
• Touring the University of Louisiana at Lafayette campus.
• Hearing from current UL LIFE staff, mentors, and students.
For registration information, email firstname.lastname@example.org