Admission will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-25 upon admission to the program.
- Applicant must have a significant intellectual disability that interferes with their academic performance.
- Applicant must have sufficient emotional and independent stability to
- participate in all aspects of UL LIFE.
- Applicant should be able to sit through 90 minute courses.
- Applicant must be comfortable around large groups of people.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for his/her actions and maintain respect for him/herself and others and have no history of disruptive or aggressive behaviors. NOTE: UL LIFE does not have the personnel necessary to manage behavioral issues.
- Applicant must be independent in handling his/her own medication, specialized dietary and/or medical needs. NOTE: UL LIFE staff takes no responsibility for specialized diets or medical needs.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and adhere to the policies regarding
- attendance and participation in coursework within the program and audited UL Lafayette courses.
- Applicant should be able to utilize technology with little to no supports.
- Based on review of records and interviews, the applicant must have the potential to successfully achieve his/her goals within the context of the UL LIFE setting.
Complete and submit the 2020-2021 UL LIFE Application and required documentation by December 1, 2019.
- Attend Preview Day on November 9th. This one-day program will allow students and families to determine if the UL LIFE program will be a good fit.
- Complete and submit the 2020-2021 UL LIFE Application and required documentation by December 1, 2019.
- Eligible applicants will be invited to attend an on-campus interview.
- All decision letters will be mailed by April 1, 2020.
Make Plans to Attend Preview Day
Preview Day will be held on Saturday, November 9, 2019 @ 8:00 a.m.
Many opportunities are available during Preview Day including:
• Providing an opportunity for parents and students to ask questions and learn more about the UL LIFE program.
• Touring the University of Louisiana at Lafayette campus.
• Hearing from current UL LIFE staff, mentors, and students.
For registration information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 9, 2019: UL Lafayette Preview Day. Register by emailing email@example.com
- December 1, 2019: All application documents and recommendation forms due. Reviews and interviews will be scheduled for those who qualify as we receive the applications.
- December 2019: On-campus interviews begin.
- April 1, 2020: Acceptance letters mailed.