All candidates completing the second semester of the Junior year or all candidates anticipating Phase I of the Teacher Residency in Spring 2020 are required to complete the Phase I Teacher Residency application for approval to start EDCI 400-Phase I of the Teacher Residency. The application must be completed and submitted before Friday, October 25, 2019. Please note only one submission is allowed. If you would like to make revisions to the application after you submit it, please contact Tiffany Taylor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 337-482-6678.
***All candidates are required to attend the mandatory Teacher Residency application meeting held in Bourgeois Hall Room 153B on Friday, Ocotober 25, 2019. If you are unable to attend this meeting, please contact the Office of Teacher Clinical Experiences by emailing Mrs. Marlene Beard at email@example.com
All candidates must meet all requirements stated below for approval to start Phase I of the Teacher Residency.
- Have taken ALL parts of Praxis tests (Content Knowledge and the Principles of Learning and Teaching) by December 1, 2019.
- Have passed ALL parts of Praxis tests by the May 1, 2020 deadline.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA and a minimum 2.5 cumulative major GPA.
- Have a minimum of 90 credit hours of degree applicable coursework completed and be eligible for Phase II (student teaching) of the Teacher Residency during the consecutive semester following Phase I. All critical courses and major courses must be completed with a "C" or better. Substitutions for any courses must be approved by the Office of Student Services.
- Submitted proof to the Office of Teacher Clinical Experience located in the Soulier House of affiliation with a professional educational organization offering education liability insurance, such as A+PEL, LAE, LAHPERD, Kappa Delta Pi, etc. See Organizations & Associations on the College of Education website for more information or contact the Office of Teacher Clinical Experience at 337-262-1067.
- Have a valid teacher resident certificate. *Please note the application for the teacher resident certificate will be completed at the Teacher Residency meeting.
- Be eligible to begin Phase II of the Teacher Residency in the second semester of your Senior year. See requirements to enter Phase II of the Teacher Residency. NOTE: The Louisiana State Department of Education (LDOE) requires the year-long residency to be completed in two consecutive semesters.