All candidates completing the second semester of the Junior year or all candidates anticipating Phase I of the Teacher Intern Residency during the Fall 2019 semester are required to complete the Teacher Intern Residency application for approval to start EDCI 400-Phase I of the Teacher Intern Residency. The application must be completed and submitted on or before Friday, April 5, 2019. Please note only one submission is allowed. If you would like to make revisions to the application after you submit it, please contact Tiffany Taylor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 337-482-6678.
***All candidates are required to attend the mandatory Teacher Intern Residency application meeting held in Bourgeois Hall Room 153B on Friday April 5, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. If you are unable to attend this meeting, please contact the Office of Teacher Clinical Experiences at 337-262-1067 and Mrs. Phyllis Broussard in the Office of Student Services at 337-482-6681.
All candidates must meet all requirements stated below for approval to start Phase I of the Teacher Intern Residency.
- Have taken ALL parts of Praxis tests (Content Knowledge and the Principles of Learning and Teaching) by no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of EDCI 400- Phase I Residency.
- Have passed ALL parts of Praxis tests by no later than the Friday before the week of finals during the end of Phase I.
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA and a minimum 2.5 cumulative major GPA.
- Have a minimum of 90 credit hours of degree applicable coursework completed and be eligible for Phase II (student teaching) of the Teacher Intern Residency during the consecutive semester following Phase I. All critical courses and major courses must be completed with a "C" or better. Substitutions for any courses must be approved by the Office of Student Services.
- Submitted proof to the Office of Teacher Clinical Experience located in the Soulier House of affiliation with a professional educational organization offering education liability insurance, such as A+PEL, LAE, LAHPERD, Kappa Delta Pi, etc. See Organizations & Associations on the College of Education website for more information or contact the Office of Teacher Clinical Experience at 337-262-1067.
- Have a valid teacher resident certificate. *Please note the application for the teacher resident certificate will be completed at the Teacher Intern Residency meeting.
- Received approval from Tiffany Taylor, Executive Assistant to the Dean, in the Dean’s Office to begin Phase I of the Teacher Intern Residency. For questions regarding approval, email email@example.com or call 337-482-6678.