You are here

Selective Retention

The Committee on Selective Retention may remove you from the College of Education or place you on probation. In all cases in which either type of action is taken, you are requested to re-evaluate your vocational goals and/or study patterns by consulting with one or more of the following: the Head of the Department of Educational Curriculum and Instruction or the Office of Student Services within the College of Education.

If you are either denied admission into the program or removed from the College of Education, you will be reconsidered admission into the College of Education after having earned a non-education degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 from a regionally accredited college or university.

You may request such reconsideration by submitting the following:

  •     an official transcript which notes the awarding of the degree earned.
  •     an official prescription of courses required to complete a certification area and possibly a second undergraduate degree.